History

Before in 1875 extensive the flood control engeneering work took place, the original Danube river bed and its branch ‘Kaiserwasser’ were rimed by sixty ship mills along their shoreline. Already 1893 the ‘Zur Alten Kaisermühle’ Inn was established at this very spot – then still being named ‘Fischerwirt’.

Today ‘Zur Alten Kaisermühle’ is an renown culinary institution in one of Viennas most alluring settings.